Monday, July 30, 2007

Yea for presents!! Christmas in July

What's better than listening to music?? Making CDs for your friends! And while your being all crafty creating the ultimate playlist, get crafty with the case. Here's the problem, regular jewel cases only hold what two discs?
Well when you are a
music enthusist like I am, you have to be able to give about 10 cds to your friend because "he has to listen to them all!!" Enter the woven construction paper case. This is quite durable and yes, I did get all 10 cds in! Just cut thin strips and then cut strips in a piece of paper, but don't go all the way to the end, it helps to hold everything together. maybe 15 minutes? But memorable for your friends!

I guess I will put my music recommendations here, basically the cds I made for him. (some of the artists I put all of the albums I have by them so it adds up to 10):
1. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- they are so awesome
2. Mastadon- they open up for TOOL they kick ass if you are feeling you need some metal in your life
3. Le Tigre-including a remix of their album "This Island"
4. The Rapture- this gets stuck in your head
5. Mates of State- I can't even comment they are so good
6. Pedro the Lion- I like them so they must be good.
And maybe a couple of other ones, but it's hard to keep track.

Wait, that's not all, I have been on vacation for two weeks now and I went and got a TV thing so that now I can burn DVDs on my computer. Well to catch up all my friends with no cable, how about some DVDs and cases of the best show ever?
THE FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!
You're still not watching it? maybe I'll make you a DVD then.... but check out the cases.


















How awesome are those? HaHa that's David Bowie on the inside of that one. You have to watch it to get the joke. Just your basic third grade collage from magazines and scraps of paper, but YOU MADE IT!

One more present, remember my momo's socks... They are done! I loved working with this yarn from Woolworks. It's 100% superwash Merino wool hand dyed in "lilypad." One skein makes one pair of socks, but I do have a little bit of yarn left over. I did splurge and go back and buy another color "desert sand" but you will have to wait for those ones. This is also my first pattern that was a lacy design and I am way psyched about how they came out. Enjoy momo!


I guess I put those pictures up pretty messy, but I only have 3 more days off so I have plenty more to do besides arranging pictures. And look how selfless I was with all of those presents. (that was pretty selfish to say huh?) Bike still in progress, this is a long project.... Did you go to a concert yet?



1 comment:

Sew Diva Diane said...

Your sight looks great! I love you!
Momo